Saturday 10 November 2012

DREAM: WORSHIP THAT KNOCKS YOU OFF YOUR FEET

A couple of months ago I dreamt I was in a Church. I was with another couple of people, and there were some youth sitting off to my side. The worship had begun and I started to really focus and go to that secret place in worship that His people go to when they're so intent on worshipping Jesus. The worship music was accommodating to that kind of worship too, until the style of worship changed. Instead of music that was beneficial to that kind of heart to heart worship, loud and boisterous music started playing. It was quite overwhelming, and it straight away knocked me out of the focused worship I'd been in previously. I tried to go along with it, and attempted to worship with music that was now more like heavy rock. Along with the music was intense bright lighting, and although I tried, I could not concentrate like before. It went beyond that however. Along with the all-consuming sound of the rock-like worship music, the very ground started to move and sway from side to side! The music and the base seemed to rock the very ground, so much so, that the two people beside me started to lose their footing, and eventually fell over. Although I was able to stand for a longer period of time, eventually, because the ground was swaying quite violently from one side to the other, I too fell. I laughed it off, but myself and the others all still fell. While all this had been going on, the young people to my right had sat the entire time, and not entered worship at all. At the start I had thought that this was really strange. 

When I woke, I knew what the Lord was saying. Church worship and the worship of His people is so precious to Him, but a few things are going on at the moment which are disturbing, non-beneficial and quite harmful to His peoples' spiritual lives. Firstly, many young people are starting to disengage and sit back when it comes to Church worship, no matter what worship is going on (no matter what music). Young people everywhere need to stand up in this regard, and enter into worship, as it is so precious and important to the Lord, and it is a time where we fully commune with Him and especially set our hearts and minds to worship Him. 

Secondly, the loud, boisterous and rock-like worship music that is going on, is not only distracting people from REALLY and intimately worshipping Jesus, it is also knocking them off their spiritual feet (Eph 6:13). Although His people sincerely are trying to focus on Jesus and worship Him passionately and wholeheartedly, no matter how hard they try, such music is knocking them out of such a focus of Him. The sound of the music and the lighting is demanding full attention. Furthermore, and most disturbingly, the disruption to the inward focus of worship in His peoples' hearts is causing them to fall spiritually. Ephesians 6v13 depicts standing up as standing upright spiritually. To fall over, therefore, depicts falling over in His peoples' spiritual lives. How and why this is taking place, the dream does not reveal, but suffice to say that it is, because it is causing His people to be distracted from Him.

Issues of focus and distraction are very dear to the Lord's heart, as such things are pivotal in His peoples' lives, because they are the very thing that either make a way for us, or block us from spending time in the secret place with Jesus. These things should also, therefore, be very dear to our heart, and we should leave our beliefs and understandings about these kind of things at the door. 

God bless

No comments:

Post a Comment