Monday 12 August 2013

ON A PERSONAL NOTE



I rarely do this, but in light of the amount that I've written and posted to Facebook in the past, and in light of what, by the grace of God, I've been told to write in the future, I thought it would be good to explain exactly why I write what I do. I'm not sure how people have taken it all, because rarely has there been any feedback at all, but for those that have taken the time to read some of the things I've written, I thought I'd explain why I've done what I've done.

A few months ago now I wrote a series of articles of what I called 'The Coming Storm.' I didn't write this because I just woke up one morning and thought hard things were coming, but I wrote it because the Lord showed it to me in dreams, and not just one dream, but many dreams over time. Towards the end of the series of articles I wrote, I still began to wonder if what I had written was really true, and whether I had still missed what the Lord was saying to me. One morning during this time I woke up one morning and received the brightest, clearest vision I've ever had. Right in front of me, as though it were actually there, I saw a pen that looked like it was from heaven. It was gold and it had what looked like a white heavenly feather on the end of it. I knew this was the Lord's encouragement to keep writing, and that what I have written, has been of Him and from Him. I don't write this to try and make something of myself, because I'm only the chief of sinners saved by grace, but I pass it on now to explain why I have and will be writing the way I do in the future.

After the series on 'The Coming Storm,' I really wondered what to write next. I thought that maybe the Lord wanted me to leave it at that, and just be quiet for a while. Then I received two dreams. One that showed me quite clearly that I was to talk about 'watching,' and another where I was told 'stir up watchfulness.' So I guess you know what I'll be talking about now. It is not to have a go at anyone, not to make something of myself or to tell anyone that I'm better than anyone else, but it's because I've been told I need to serve in a particular way, and so I'll be doing that, because I need to be obedient. It's not for me to question why, but just to do it, and to trust that the Lord will use it for some of His people. The Lord has shown me how weak I am, and continues to, so believe me when I say I don't do it because I think I've qualified in some way, or that I'm stronger than other people, I just do it because I know His blood continues to wash me, His grace continues to be sufficient for me, and because His righteousness alone justifies and qualifies me to serve Him.

A large part of me would rather the Lord have never shown me what He has, and never had me write a lot of what He's given me. It's predictable that people have and will continue to think you are very strange and even severely misinformed, but unfortunately, that's the way it goes. It's also been pretty predictable how people have ignored and isolated me too, but again, that's to be expected and I know that that's the price you pay, and I don't hold that against anyone. The Lord showed me years ago now that people would wish that I'd just shut up, and in one sense I get that, because in my natural self I wish I hadn't been shown some of the things I have. On a positive note, no doubt there are some out there that have believed what I've written, and the Lord knows those who have.

Above all, just please know my heart here. My writings are not to lecture people, or to lord anything over anyone. It's not to try and make myself something or to frighten people. It's not to be condescending or to condemn anyone or to make people feel bad. However, no doubt I've slipped up in that area at times, so please forgive me for that (and Lord forgive me!). I've written simply to encourage people in their walk with the Lord, and prophecy it seems, will always be a large part of how the Lord gets me to do that. I've also written because, mercifully, the Lord has given me a heart for the Church and for His people, to see us all be the bride He wants us to be. First and fore-mostly the Lord deals with myself, and I'm always His biggest project (in terms of needing the most fixing!). I'm slow, and stubborn, very weak and need to change in big ways, but He is strong, good and merciful, and is very patient with me.

So anyway, I hope that helps you to see my heart and the reason I write in the way that I do. A time of great worldwide suffering is coming in the future, but the Lord will be sufficient for His Church and for His people, and He will protect and provide according to His good wisdom. His grace will be sufficient, and He will always be our good Shepherd.

God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment