Saturday 22 December 2012

WAIT AND SEE



I had a dream a while ago where I was in a Church setting, and the worship that was going on was a worship of self! I couldn't believe what was going on! The lyrics actually worshipped self and body image! Horrified at this I moved to go to the front of the Church, thinking to try and appeal to God's people about just how ludicrous this was. However, as I got nearer the front, I became afraid, and thought to myself to just wait a while to see if the worship changed, and I also didn't want to disrespect the Pastor or the people of God, so I even though to intervene when the song ended. But, still afraid and still not wanting to disrespect the Pastor or the people of God, I didn't intervene. Then I thought I'd do it at the complete end of the worship session, just before the Pastor would give the Word. But when the worship ended, I still didn't, still being afraid, and still not wanting to risk disrespecting anyone needlessly (if it turned out that intervention was needless). I also thought to myself that I would wait because maybe the preaching would be good and maybe it would be a good message.

After the dream I knew what it meant. The Lord was giving me a big kick up the backside, showing me clearly that although He'd shown me what was going on, in that this kind of Church was worshipping itself, I was afraid, and using so called 'good intentions' and the 'wait and see game' to not do what He wanted me to in calling out about the horrific thing that is going on in many Churches today. I was putting the Churches and the people of God's feelings ahead of their spiritual wellbeing and ahead of the true worship of the Lord and what the Lord wanted. That is why I will continue to call out and try and get people to see what is going on for as long as He wants me to do so. It's not easy, and I know I will continue to be disliked and ignored for it, but I must do what He's directed me to do.

If the Lord speaks to you and leads you, please speak out about what is now going on in many Churches today. And it is an extremely lonely thing to call out when it seems like no one is seeing the same thing. It is an absolute tragedy and heartbreak to see the precious and pure worship of our Lord turned into a human thing and a thing of idolatry. The Lord is jealous for His people and jealous for their hearts. He loves them too much to not stand outside the door of their hearts and continue to knock and to call them back to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment