Tuesday 19 May 2015

DREAM: THE SAFE PLACES MADE DANGEROUS?

Before I share a dream I had a few weeks ago, I feel I need to be clear about something. I think we've all had times where we felt somewhat uncertain about whether we've definitely heard from the Lord or whether we've simply heard something coming from ourselves. So while I'm pretty sure the following dream I'm about to share is from Him, there is still a part of me that is unsure, and for that reason I ask everyone out there that reads what follows to take these dreams to the Lord and as the Word says, 'test all things'. We should test all things anyway though, so we should obviously test what follows too.

I dreamt I was on the Sunshine Coast and in the foyer of a movie theatre there. In order to get into the movie however, I had to go through a process similar to what someone has to go through in order to get onto a plane, in that I had to put the possessions I had on me through a baggage check (to scan the contents of what I had on me) and go through a metal detector (to do the same). In my opinion, I believe this could mean that in the future in Australia, places that we once thought of as completely safe and free from danger, won't be anymore. This may be to do with terrorism or simply places becoming a lot more violent and prone to crime (like places in America where schools have to have metal detectors etc.) because of the way our society is going at the moment. The Sunshine Coast is a place my family and I always went to on family holidays, and is a place I always thought of as completely safe. I also loved to go the movie theatre there. In my opinion, I believe this dream is saying that in the future, places like the Sunshine Coast (and maybe even the Sunshine Coast itself) in Australia won’t be as safe as they once were, and in fact will be quite violent and dangerous. This should not shock us nowadays, as we are already seeing violence increase in Australia, even rapidly, and terrorism and its threat is now being felt in this country as well.

As always, God is sovereign over these things, so this should not be any reason for Christians to be afraid, but to simply be prepared, and to continue to rest in Him if and when this comes our way.

No comments:

Post a Comment